I don’t mind admitting that I have a mild case of self-diagnosed OCD. What event planner doesn’t suffer triumph from this right? I’m detail oriented, organized and can’t get through life without a checklist, usually color-coded. So since it was officially the first day of summer last Friday, I thought it was only appropriate to compile a list of all of my summer “to-dos.”
- Go camping in the Redwoods
- Master the skill of BBQing and make these and these
- Rent bikes and go for a ride along the coast
- Get in the habit of reading one book a month
- Hang twinkle lights in our patio and eat outside every chance we get
- Try out different workout classes to see what’s right for me. I’m most interested in spinning and boxing so far, but the list is endless. I even own a pair of these.
- Truly make yoga a part of my life. I feel so great when I practice; I’m not sure why I haven’t made it a daily habit.
- Re-institute Sunday day trips
- Host a picnic in the park with friends following a few games of bocce
- Visit at least three wineries in beautiful Northern Cali. Wine country, starting with this one
And the bonus to do….
11. Learn to slow down, smell the roses and enjoy the scenery.
photo via Clement Demarquet